- Effective March 1, 2020, children may accrue absences without impacting ongoing eligibility for services or provider reimbursements. TWC will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and make a future determination on when this absence policy will conclude. Providers will continue to be paid, if children are absent, or if the provider is temporarily closed due to COVID-19.
- Workforce development boards (Boards) are authorized to make supplemental payments to child care programs to offset lost parent share of cost payments.
- Parents who become unemployed will be granted an extended timeline to find work while continuing to receive child care services.
- Children of essential workers will receive priority of service and access to an expedited enrollment process for child care financial assistance.
- Supplemental funds have been distributed to Boards to respond to COVID-19 child care needs.
Please refer to the following items for more information on actions taken by TWC.