Business hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
JOB SUMMARY: Seeking 2-1-1 Information and Referral Specialist that can respond to requests for community resource information and referrals. The I&R Specialist provides assessment, information, referrals and advocacy to 2-1-1 callers while remaining empathetic and objective. All caller information is accurately recorded in the 2-1-1 database. The I&R Specialist also performs follow-up calls for quality assurance purposes and to identify gaps in service. At times, the I&R Specialist assess callers in crisis and connects them to the appropriate Crisis Line. All 2-1-1 staff is required to participate in staff meetings and training.
• Provide information, referral, and advocacy for 2-1-1 callers and accurately record caller information.
• Perform intake and application assistance for Basic Food benefits
• Perform follow-up activities for quality assurance purposes
• Completes special projects as assigned by the 2-1-1 Manager.
• Support other areas of 2-1-1 and United Way by assisting with other projects as needed.
• Human services, social work, or communications experience is helpful.
• Call center experience is helpful.
• Possess strong customer service skills.
• Strong verbal communication and computer literacy skills.
• Excellent listening and problem solving skills necessary.
• Must be incredibly reliable. Being on time for work and maintaining regular attendance is essential
• Ability to work well in a team, good interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
• Must be able to work in a compassionate, fast-paced and efficient environment.
• Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply!
Work In Texas ID: 14156459