Texas Job Order Print Document
Job Order: 14156459 Print Date: 8/21/2020 10:58:25 AM Office: 252 WF Sol MRG Carrizo Springs LWDB: Middle Rio Grande WF Board Employer Information:
Employer Name: MIDDLE RIO GRANDE DEVELOPMENT (Suppressed)
How to Apply: By Mail, In Person
Company Website: NA
Application Comments: Please go by the Workforce Solutions Middle Rio Grande Office to get registered in WorkInTexas.com. Once, you have registered in WorkInTexas you will need to obtain MRGDC employment application at your nearest WFS office. Completed application can be then be sent via mail or email to Ms. Brown but the ORIGINAL APPLICATION with applicant’s original signature must be sent in by U. S. mail to be considered for employment. Mailing address: Middle Rio Grande Development Council Attention: Human Resource Director P.O. Box 1199 Carrizo Springs, Texas 78834
NOTE: If hired, please contact you local Workforce Solutions office and provide employment details.
Middle Rio Grande Development Council is an equal opportunity employer and auxiliary aids and services may be made available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For more information, you may contact our TDD Voice line (830) 876-1260 or (830) 876-3533.
MIDDLE RIO GRANDE DEVELOPMENT 307 West Nopal ST.
CARRIZO SPRINGS, TX 78834-7199
Contact: BONNIE S. BROWN
PO BOX 1199
CARRIZO SPGS, TX 78834-7199
Title: Human Resource Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (830) 876-3533 x1228
Occupational Code: 21102900 Social Workers, All Other
Job Title: 2-1-1 Specialist (Carrizo Springs)
Industry Code: 925120 – Administration of Urban Planning and Communit
Number of Positions: 1
Earliest Date to Display: 8/6/2020
Type of Job: Regular
Duration: Over 150 Days
Job Duties and Skills:
Business hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
Last Date Job Order Will Display: 9/5/2020
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Special Job Category:
JOB SUMMARY: Seeking 2-1-1 Information and Referral Specialist that can respond to requests for community resource information and referrals. The I&R Specialist provides assessment, information, referrals and advocacy to 2-1-1 callers while remaining empathetic and objective. All caller information is accurately recorded in the 2-1-1 database. The I&R Specialist also performs follow-up calls for quality assurance purposes and to identify gaps in service. At times, the I&R Specialist assess callers in crisis and connects them to the appropriate Crisis Line. All 2-1-1 staff is required to participate in staff meetings and trainings.
• Provide information, referral, and advocacy for 2-1-1 callers and accurately record caller information.
• Perform intake and application assistance for Basic Food benefits
• Perform follow-up activities for quality assurance purposes
• Completes special projects as assigned by the 2-1-1 Manager.
• Support other areas of 2-1-1 and United Way by assisting with other projects as needed. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Human services, social work, or communications experience is helpful. • Call center experience is helpful.
• Possess strong customer service skills.
• Strong verbal communication and computer literacy skills.
• Excellent listening and problem solving skills necessary.
• Must be incredibly reliable. Being on time for work and maintaining regular attendance is essential • Ability to work well in a team, good interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
• Must be able to work in a compassionate, fast-paced and efficient environment.
• Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply!
Special Software/Hardware Skills Needed: Yes
Special Skills: Microsoft Office, Data Entry, Scanner, Fax, Copier, Telephone, Computer, etc.
Test Done By: NA
Hiring Requirements Other:
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Months of Experience: 0
Requires a Drivers License: No
Drivers License Certification:
Drivers License Endorsements:
Compensation and Hours:
Pay Comments: Not Applicable
Supplemental Compensation: No
Hours per Week: Hours are Specific
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, 401K, Retirement/Pension
Required Tests: NA
Near Public Transportation: No
Actual Hours: 40
Other Benefits: Starting salary: $19,188.00 plus fringe benefits. Employer will discuss available benefits and eligibility.
Job Order Information to be Displayed Online:
Job Order Information Online: Company Name is displayed, One-stop staff screens applicants, Staff contacts individual about qualifications
Job Application Information Needed:
Contact Information Employment History Education History Certifications
Desired Job Type
Green Job: Not Specified
Featured Job: Yes
Federal Contractor: No
Job Order is for Veterans Only: None Selected Staff Information:
Category: Regular (Non Domestic)
Status: Open and available Reason: NA
Future Release From Hold:
Job Order Followup: 8/21/2020