Texas Job Order Print Document
Job Order: 14149332 Print Date: 8/20/2020 5:04:36 PM
Office: 249 WF Sol MRG Eagle Pass LWDB: Middle Rio Grande WF Board
Employer Name: MIDDLE RIO GRANDE DEVELOPMENT
How to Apply: Provide a WorkInTexas Resumé Online (recommended), Via Email
Company Website: NA
Application Comments: Apply with referral & Middle Rio Grande Development Council Application and return to Workforce Center.
MIDDLE RIO GRANDE DEVELOPMENT – EAGLE PASS WORKFORCE CENTER 1200 FERRY ST
1200 FERRY ST
EAGLE PASS, TX 78852-4485
Title: Secondary Contact Email: email@example.com
EAGLE PASS, TX 78852
Contact: Jose Faz Phone: (830) 773-1191
Occupational Code: 43406100 Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs Job Title: Employment Specialist III
Industry Code: 925120 – Administration of Urban Planning and Communit
Number of Positions: 1
Earliest Date to Display: 7/30/2020 Type of Job: Regular
Duration: Over 150 Days
Job Duties and Skills: Description:
Last Date Job Order Will Display: 8/29/2020 Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Special Job Category:
Primarily responsible for providing clients that walk into the Work.force Center with the menu of services that are available to them. Performs customer intake, assessment, application, and eligibility determination duties for all Workforce Development Programs. Responsible for case management and serves as liaison to the community and agencies that serve as resources benefiting participants. Assist customers in the development of career paths and training recommendations leading to job placement in high skill, high wage jobs under close supervision of the Case Manager II-III/Center Manager.
Work includes the dissemination of basic information regarding Workforce Development
programs; assisting in facilitating client access to all Workforce Development programs such as training and education services, employment services, and labor market information, as well as supportive services, including child care services, unemployment compensation, student loans, and other financial assistance programs. Works with employers to refer job seekers to available demand occupations and performs job development as needed. Responsible for all primary and final documentation necessary to track program activities. The WCM/ES is responsible for the instruction of the job readiness class and preparation of job seekers. Performs assessment and prepares job seekers for job search before referral is made to an employer. This position ensures that all job seekers are assessed, counseled and/or coached as necessary to assure a successful job search and placement.
Counsels with job seekers about careers and approved training opportunities available within the
workforce system. The WCM/ES reports directly to the Workforce Center Manager.
Conducts intake and eligibility of all customers requesting training services. Interviews client to assess and record
information regarding training needs, education, experience, skills, interest, and other relevant factors to fully
explore client’s career development opportunities designed to gain self-sufficiency.
Assess customers’ needs to find out career interests and educational levels in math and reading, or other approved
assessments; conducts assessments using computerized and
manual tools; works closely with clients to interpret assessments results.
• Responsible for the development of a preliminary Customer Service Strategy (CSS) for each customer identifying training needs, education, experience, skills, interest, and other relevant data to determine eligibility
and deliver service; aids client in establishing self• sufficiency goals and helps client remove barriers to attain
those goals; assists each customer in the development of a Wagner/Peyser WIT application.
Disseminates information regarding Workforce Development programs, which may include special services such as CHOICES, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA), Child Care Provider Services (CCPS), Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), Rapid Response (RR) Dislocated, Youth and Adult Programs, Summer Earn and Learn (SEAL), Unemployment Insurance, and other supportive services.
• Refers all customers to the appropriate activities or other agencies when the center cannot
• Tracks and documents all activities for each customer assigned to caseload at the Workforce Center; conducts follow-up on customers across various programs.
• Reports and accounts for all transactions of each customer; maintains case management record updated at all times within the TWIST, Work-in-Texas (WIT), case notes, or hard• copy documents in each case folder.
• Responsible for follow-up process and assuring that client remains in training, education, or job for the appropriate period. Verifies the satisfactory placement of customers with employers; monitors follow-up system time frame for each customer and intervenes to assist client when necessary to remove barriers to retention.
- Refers customer to other agencies or resources not available at career center and documents the same.
- Makes recommendations on sponsorship of activities, prepares and executes necessary documentation to enable the processing of services or benefits.
• Assures that all customer feedback mechanisms are in place to measure customer satisfaction with services received and monitors outcomes of each customer.
• Assures customer satisfaction with the timeliness and competency of the services accessed at the career center.
• Provides supportive services to customers as necessary to attain employment goals.
Compiles and submits all required documents to Case manager III/Center Manager for review.
• Works with clients from the job readiness classes or walk-in job seekers to determine if they are ready for training or Job referral; facilitates Job Club, as needed. Provides ES services to jobseekers such as completing WIT applications, updating WIT applications and provides job referrals, as needed.
• Ensures that job seekers who need job readiness preparation or job coaching are referred to Job Readiness classes for preparation before they are determined job ready and referred to a job opportunity.
• Ensures that job seekers receive the appropriate number ofjob readiness classes and job
club activities at the center.
• Meets with individual job seekers to counsel and guide them on career and approved training available within the workforce system. Conducts Workforce Orientation for Applicants. (WOA) for TANF applicants
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of interviewing and assessment techniques and procedures; skill in conducting interviews and in counseling others; ability to gather and assess information; must be proficient in the use of automated systems
and able to use word. processing, spreadsheet, and data base applications to report on customers case managed.
Accuracy and a detail orientation in a multi• tasked environment is required; must be able to maintain well organized manual or electronic files; must be able to interpret and follow complex rules, laws, and regulations related the case management procedures of each workforce program. Must be able to provide financial and life skills counseling to all customers; must be able to work cooperatively with all workforce center staff in a team effort designed to provide maximum access to all workforce customers. Must be able to meet program objectives and deadlines, work under pressure, and appropriately respond sensitively to all customers. Must
maintain professional appearance and maintain confidentiality. Prefer ability to communicate
effectively in English and Spanish; ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and be able to work with all customers of various education levels and age.
Special Software/Hardware Skills Needed: No Special Skills:
Test Done By: No test required
Hiring Requirements Other:
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent Months of Experience: 12
Requires a Drivers License: Yes, Operator License
Required Tests: NA
Near Public Transportation: No
Drivers License Certification: Class C – Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for hazardous materials.
Drivers License Endorsements:
Compensation and Hours:
Minimum Salary: 29132.00 Year
Pay Comments: Not Applicable Supplemental Compensation: No Hours per Week: Hours Not Specified Shift: Not Applicable
Maximum Salary: 29132.00 Year
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Retirement/Pension Other Benefits: No Benefits Listed
Job Order Information to be Displayed Online:
Job Order Information Online: Company Name is displayed, One-stop staff does not screen applicants Job Application Information Needed:
Contact Information Employment History Education History Certifications
Desired Job Type
Green Job: No
Featured Job: No
Federal Contractor: No
Job Order is for Veterans Only: None Selected Staff Information:
Category: Regular (Non Domestic)
Status: Open and available Reason: NA
Future Release From Hold:
Allow individuals that have never had a job to apply (eg. College graduates)
Subsidized by ARRA (Stimulus): No In an Enterprise Zone: No
Court Ordered Affirmative Action: No
Job Developer Mandatory Listing: None of the items listed
Employer Status: Open and available
Job Order Followup: 8/14/2020