The roles and responsibilities of the FCSA Non-Commissioned Security Officer are as follows.
Duties include but are not limited to:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must meet or exceed the experience requirements as set forth by Texas State Law in regards to Non-Commissioned Security Officers.
- Hold and maintain a current & valid TX driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Preferably High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to stand for the majority of work hours.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. at least 25% of work hours.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend and get up and down during entire work hours.
- Adheres to industry’s safety standards of the application of hazardous chemical in accordance with MSDA and OSHA.
- Uses safety equipment appropriately and complies with safety and insurance standards.
- Participates in assistance to all departments, members and various organizations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Declarations of Prospective Restrictions, the By-Laws, the Rules & Regulations, the CC&R’s, Board Resolutions, the Employee Handbook and/or Company Policies and State Laws & Standards regarding Private Security Officers.
- Adhere to the FCSA Declaration of Protective Restrictions, Bylaws, Rules& Regulations, Personnel Policies & Procedures as may apply to staff member.
- Protects Fort Clark Springs Association’s value by keeping informational confidential.
- Builds Fort Clark Springs Association’s image by collaborating with Members, Government, Community Organizations, the Board of Directors, Employees, Guests, Local Law Enforcement and First Responders, while enforcing ethical security practices.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all streets, roadways, trails, etc.
- Protect all confidential or otherwise sensitive information.
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide exemplary customer service on a daily basis.
- Maintain a professional work environment while on FCSA grounds.
- Show up to work at assigned time and in proper uniform and/or work attire.
- Ability to be punctual, prepared and able to complete the specifics for job description.
- Work schedule assigned; understanding that scheduled are subject to change with little notice.
- Work in times of emergency or disaster situations without prior notice.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that promote effect communication with fellow employees, directors, members and guests.
- Maintain a minimum knowledge of computer and/or typing skills.
- Attend and participate in Security and Safety related training and/or meetings.
- Attends staff meetings as requested by the Security Director.
- Works with Security Director to maintain the company standards within the department.
- Maintain an Alcohol & Drug Free environment while on FCSA grounds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- PROTECTION of all people and their property while on FCSA grounds.
- PREVENTION of incidents or offenses BEFORE they occur.
- OBSERVE and REPORT incidents or offenses DURING or AFTER they have occurred.
- ENFORCEMENT of all FCSA Declarations of Prospective Restrictions, the By-Laws, the Rules & Regulations, the CC&R’s, Board Resolutions, the Employee Handbook and/or company Policies.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Report all criminal, illegal or suspicious activity to the proper authorities in a timely manner.
- Immediately report any incident or accident to the Security Director.
- Assist all FCSA employees, members and guests while enforcing ethical security practices.
- Assist the Security Director with In-House Investigations as needed or assigned.
- Adhere and comply with all State Laws & Company Policies relating to Security Officers.
- Enforces the Declarations of Prospective Restrictions, the By-Laws, the Rules & Regulations, the CC&R’s, Board Resolutions, the Employee Handbook and/or Company Policies and State Laws & Stands regarding Private Security Officers.
- Adhere and comply with all State Laws & Standards and Company Policies relating to Private Security.
- Assist all Law Enforcement, Emergency Personnel (EMS & Fire Department), Game Wardens, Border Patrol, etc. as needed.
- Assist with in-house investigations as needed or as assigned.
- Participate in Emergency Assistance and Disaster Preparedness exercises/training.
- Perform dispatch duties. Gather and pass-on information relating to other departments as needed.
- Assist in Animal Control & the removal and disposal of dead animals.
- Check-In after-hours Motel and/or “Day Pass” Guests as needed.
- Participate in the raising and lowering of Flags.
- Report any misuse, damage or any other improper use of FCSA equipment and/or property.
- Assist with the inventory, supplies and equipment of the Security Department.
- Prepare security reports as needed and/or assigned.
- Review and properly file security reports.
- Keep Log Sheets on the disposition of keys to different buildings and/or gates.
- Perform clerical duties; maintain daily records and reports as needed and/or assigned.
- Participates in Security Awareness through orientation and development programs or exercises.
- Assist the Security Director in all manner of security matters or other job related duties.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by the Security Director.
Failure to maintain the above requirements may be cause for discipline and/or immediate termination.
Failure to pass and maintain a clean Texas State Background check is cause for immediate termination.
Violation of certain Texas State Laws or Company Policy may also be cause for discipline and/or immediate termination.